THIS CLASS IS NOT CURRENTLY OFFERED DUE TO COVID-19
Whether or not you can draw, designing in 3D can be tricky. Sketchup helps you figure out what your furniture will look like before you build it, so you can decide whether 1” square tube or 1.5” square tube will look better as a table base. In this one-night class, we’ll show you the basics for how to get from a napkin sketch of a table to a 3D rendering of that table in your living room. Note: this is a different class that our CNC plasma cutter class. This one will help you with Sketchup basics, but we will not be making cut-ready files.
Class Details: Instruction fee is $60. Limit of eight people.
Requirements: Must bring a laptop with Sketchup already loaded and tested and ready to go (see instructions below for download info). 3 button mouse is HIGHLY recommended. $6.99 on Amazon
1 . Please go to https://www.sketchup.com/products/sketchup-free
2. Create an account, say you’re going to use it for personal projects, interest in woodworking, and get the sketchup free version running.
3. Now, there are two versions of the software, one that runs through your browser, one that runs on your desktop. We want the downloaded one. It has more functions, is more stable, and works faster. To download, you should now be here: https://app.sketchup.com/app
4. With the app running, in your browser, click on the three horizontal line icon on the top left corner (next to “untitled”). See pics below for screenshots of where to go.
5. A menu should pop up. At the very bottom is an option for “app downloads”. Click on that. That should take you to: https://www.sketchup.com/download/all
6. Select the appropriate version of “Sketchup Make 2017” for either Mac or Windows and download.
7. Open the application and confirm it works. Congrats; you’re all set.